Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day.  My kids love that song, but only in the morning and afternoon.  Supernan has declared that he wants sun all day and rain all night, just so my garden will grow.  How thoughtful.  I, on the other hand, am sick of rain.  Don't get me wrong, I love rain, in moderation.  I'm not talking about B.C. rain, or Seattle rain.  That never bothered me when I lived in that area.  I'm talking the constant, wind whipping, thunder shaking lightning storms that we get on a regular basis here in Smoky Lake.  Judging by it's name, you would expect a serene lake area, but no, we could in fact be called the windy town.  I have never experienced so much wind with the rain, as I have since we moved here.  Like batten down the hatches and put all your stuff away, and hope your trees don't fall on your roof wind and rain.  OY!

 That little complaint over with, it's good to be back.  I will be getting back into the swing of things slowly, getting my sewing area back into a normal state of affairs.  And start projects again.  I can't wait.  As I'm sure you can't either (sick of my drivel yet?).

It may take a little bit of time, so bare with me as I get going.  Hopefully I can have some more interesting stuff for you to see soon.

Until tomorrow, Enjoy the summer sun (or rain or whatever you are experiencing at the moment)!

No comments: