Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello? Anyone Still Here?

For all my faithful friends out there, who have been patiently waiting for me, THANK YOU!  It has been a crazy hectic, busy month or so.  At the end of hockey season, things kinda seem to go sideways, I guess cause everything ends around the same time.  We had a Super successful tournament, in which we raised over $2000.00 for the kids team.  Fantastic, Thanks to everyone who helped out!  We had our last game in a town called Bon Accord this past Sunday.  It was a loss for us, but the kids had a blast playing, which is what's really important.  They were all a little sad that there was no more games or practices.  Fortunately we live in a small community, so they still get to play together all summer.

YaYa passed her babysitters course, and has started a few babysitting jobs.  I am really proud of her.  She has a little kit prepared that she can keep notes and information about the kids that she watches, like allergies, bed times, etc.  Very mature!

Both big kids got their report cards, and I am happy to say they are doing fantastic! They absolutely love the school they are in and it shows when we have parent teacher interviews and get their report cards.

Chaos is chaotic, since he turned 2, he has decided that it would be in his best interest to take the terrible 2's as far as he can, lol.  It's awesome, sort of.  But he is healthy and happy, so I can't complain.

As for me, I have been busy chauffeuring and chasing and cooking and planning and................ I have barely had time to think, but I picked up where I left off with sewing.  I don't have anything to show you, as I have been busy sewing for a little girl in our community who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  She is a little girl from our play group and as a group, we put together a package for her and her family that they can use while she is in the hospital and after she comes home.  And I have also started sewing perogies.  Yes you heard me correctly, perogies.  (Another tidbit of information is that our town and community is predominantly Ukrainian)  The year end dance for the Ukrainian Dance Group is one that includes 3 little kids dancing as perogies, and I am honored that I was asked to create their costumes.

I decided to move the kids toys back up to their rooms, since they don't use the playroom downstairs.  (They mostly just go down, grab a dozen toys and bring them up anyways)  Which means that I get a grown up room for myself.  Currently, it has a soft puzzle floor, and posters of McQueen and Shrek on the walls.  I moved the toys yesterday, and will be working on it as much as I can before spring break.  I plan to put a nice carpet in and paint the walls in a grown-up color and add a couple of desks for my sewing machines and scrapbooking stuff.  A room to myself, wow, I really can't wait, it will be a welcome change from digging everything out to plop on the kitchen table and clean everything up for meal time.

Anyhoo, that's what's new with us, and now that hockey is done, I will be back.  Daily, except Sundays of course.  Can't wait to start going on with normal life and keeping you all informed, lol.

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, I was fortunate enough to win another giveaway.  This time it's from The Sewing Dork .  She was giving away a vintage pattern from her collection and I was picked!!!  I can't wait to see my pattern!

Until tomorrow, enjoy your day, enjoy your family and happy Thursday!

1 comment:

chandlerguera said...

I am still here, been on holiday this past week, so I've been offline most of that time. Got to spend some time with my niece on her spring break.

I know what the (food) perogies are, but I don't understand how you can sew one. So please explain!