Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Baaaaccccckkkk!!!!!

Welcome back everyone, or should I say welcome back me.  After a too long hiatus, we are back in full swing in our household.  Kids go back to school today and hubby is back to work and I am back to wondering around my house, wondering how I can organize better, what I can create without having to leave my house, and wondering if I can just go visit all my friends instead.

While we were on our fabulous vaca to see family and friends in Cape Breton, I decide on my New Years resolutions, and I know this is coming a little late, but give me a break I just got back.  Every year, I make and break all of my resolutions, but this year, my # 1 is to NOT BREAK MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You heard it here folks, and if I say it out loud, I have to challenge myself to follow through, so thank you for your help in advance.

Resolution #2: Organize my life and house a little bit better, and maybe downsize   on some of the stuff I don't really use (maybe).

Resolution #3: Get back into better shape.  Last year I lost almost 50 lbs, and then I got cocky and lazy.  I had an injury that prevented me from continuing to run, and our towns gym closed down, so I took that as my excuse to slow down on my workouts.  I was ok until the holiday season, when I took it two steps further by just stopping my workouts (short of yoga, which I still do religiously), and over indulging on vaca.  Them east coast donairs and pizzas are hard to turn down.  While I haven't gained much of the weight back, I feel my body falling back into the old body and I don't like it.  So my goal is to get back into shape, not lose weight (too much pressure).

Resolution #4: Stay in touch better with friends and family.  I am a big believer in writing and email  (I do not and will not have Facebook, so I miss out on a lot of correspondence).  But it gets lost on my to do list, and sometimes, months go by without me talking to some people.  So the actual goal is to email or handwrite letters to  friends and family at the very least once every month to keep everyone updated on our family and find out how everyone else is doing.  I would say more than that, but realistically, I don't have that exciting of a life that I need to tell everyone what happens everyday.

Thats it, my Meditation Monday is dedicated to my resolutions, and to welcome me and you back.  My week will continue as normal after today, although, seeing as how we just got home, I'm not sure what kind of tut I am going to do.  I will get all my pics uploaded and edited and put up for Fotography Friday.

Until tomorrow, enjoy your life, enjoy your kids and take a deep breath, it will be the best thing you do today.

No comments: