Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Super Duper Cool & Easy Tie Up Scarf Purse for a Picky Tween (or Teen)

So when I was in Cape Breton, an Ardene's store was closing out and had EVERYTHING on sale for $1.00 the last 2 hours.   I was fortunate enough to be there at that time.  I had a super hard time not stocking up on hundreds of items, that I could later find use for, but I had to remember that whatever I bought, I had to bring back, and seeing as how I already had to buy another duffle bag to bring stuff back (yes, I bought another back to bring things home), I figured that maybe I would only grab a couple things.  So that's what I did, I picked up some super cute fingerless gloves (my addiction), and a cute pink beaded necklace for YaYa, however, no pic, because it broke the next day.  I didn't feel too bad, cause it was only $1.00. And I also picked up 5 super cute square scarves.

Now I really like the look of wearing scarves, but I can't do it for very long, it bothers me and gives me an icky feeling on my neck (ICKY).  So I did actually buy them to make stuff with.  Before Christmas, I stumbled upon a Knotted Bag tutorial on the Martha Stewart website.  (I love Martha)  I made a couple for my nieces, and they were a huge hit.  I took it a step further and sewed the handles together instead of tying them so it was permanent (both girls have little sisters who like to play with their stuff).

So here goes, like I said, easy and cheap.

Grab yourself a square scarf, or big silk handkerchief, you can find lots of cool ones everywhere, including the $ store or second hand stores.

Step 1: Tie a knot in all for corners (about a quarter of the way down, I would give exact measurements but it depends on the size of your scarf) You can eyeball it an decide how much room you want in your bag and how big you want your handles.


Step 2:  Sew 2 straps together at the top, you will lose your triangle.  Repeat with the other side.  (you could hand sew or machine sew)


VOILA!!!!! Easy peasy lemon squeezie!


Makes a great quick for tweens, teens and everyone else.

Until tomorrow,  Enjoy your day, enjoy your family and happy crafting!

No comments: