Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Officially Have a 12 Year Old :(

So today is YaYa's 12th Birthday.  I am super pumped, because I love birthdays, mine, my kids, my hubands, basically anyone I can remember, I LOVE them.   (Sorry, sometimes I forget).  But today I came to a realization.  I have a 12 year old.  Which puts me in  a sad mood for 2 reasons.

Number 1 is kinda selfish, I am old enough to have a 12 year old,which means in 4 years I will have a driver, and in 6 I will have an adult.  And that makes me feel way older than my 30 years.

Number 2, I have a 12 year old, which means my baby girl is technically old enough to get a job (in Alberta she can work for 2 hours a day, not past 10), she is legally old enough to babysit and be responsible for other peoples children.  She is old enough (with my consent to pierce her face,she doesn't have my consent, lol).  In 7 months she will be in JR High.  And She will soon be old enough to start wearing makeup (1 more year at least), and getting crushes and getting her heart broken.

To all those parents out there with girls, older or younger, I have to say, this is not something that you can prepare for.  I have been thinking about this for a while and each time, I cry.  I love my girl, I am glad that I only had 1 to go through this with.  It is a special time, her growing up, but I am not prepared for it.

All I can think of is my itty bitty, running around with spaghetti on her head, reading and loving Minnie Mouse.  My little fashionista who used to dress however she wanted and looked cool doing it.  Little dresses and skirts and sparkly shoes and pigtails and braids.  Learning to talk and learning to walk.  Making friends with everyone that she met (senior citizens in restaurants mostly).

Each day she is getting closer to not being my little girl and wanting to be more independent.  Until that day finally comes though, she will stay under my mamma bird wing, and forever be my baby girl!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BIG GIRL YAYA!!!!! I love you more than you could possibly ever imagine!!!!

No comments: