Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We Have A Working Computer, For Now

So today is the day my computer has decided to work!  Yay, because I have so much to tell you.  Sort of.

Today is going to start with a funny Quote from my niece, which brings back the innocence of childhood, and made me bust a gut laughing.  I wasn't there to hear her say this, but I really wish I had been.  Has anyone heard the song "One Night Stand"? It goes sorta like this, "All I ever wanted was a one night stand".  To start, my niece is very into pop music, she sings and dances and just generally enjoys it.  So when the family was all together, and the kids were finished listening to music, and everyone was sitting down to dinner, she had to ask, "I don't get it, why would he only want one night stand, doesn't everybody need TWO night stands?". It makes you believe in the innocence of youth right?  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a hockey game on Sunday, our little team played their hearts out, but lost 11-9.  It was a really good game.  Supernan scored 4 goals!!!  And I had the pleasure of taking cupcakes for both teams, because as the manager, I booked a hockey game on his birthday, a mistake I was not allowed to live down, but he did forgive me when I made root beer cupcakes for his whole team.

That being said, we played in a town called Redwater, home of Canada's tallest OIL DERRICK!  Yes that is there claim to fame, and rightfully so, as they are directly on the route to Fort Mac.  Besides having the derrick, it is a very nice little town, they have a beautiful new arena and some very nice parks.  And a Subway, which is a nice welcome change.  They have a huge town wide garage sale every year, and a really nice outdoor pool that kids can take lessons at in the summer.  (Sorry, no pics, my computer isn't working that well).

I have been super busy planning the boys birthday party, and am super pumped for it on Friday.  My kids have opted to donate to the Royal Alex NICU instead of presents this year (they were both there after they were born), so we will have the pleasure of spending an afternoon with friends, partying, and helping babies too.  I love it!!!!!

That's the post for now, I haven't been doing too much crafting lately, I kind went on hiatus, and am just working on crafting stuff for the boys birthday party, saloon signs, swinging door, etc.  With any luck I will be able to show lots of pics when the party is done.

Until tomorrow, enjoy your day, enjoy your family and happy doing whatever it is you're doing today!

No comments: