Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust! And Peanut Butter Cup Pie

Day by day, my pile is getting smaller, and my husband is happy that we finally get our  bedroom back (it has been my sewing start station).  I had this wonderful idea that I was making gifts for everyone this year.  So let's go down the list;

My family: check and sent
Mad's family: mostly finished
Kids: 15 (literally) seams to finish
School: Crafts with the kids done yesterday!!!
Christmas Cards: ready to be sent!

I am so on top of things, it's AWESOME!

I do however, stick by my unwillingness to share what I have done, until I show pictures after Christmas.  So, again, you get a recipe, but believe me, it will be worth it.  Just FYI, be prepared for the final recipe on Tuesday, I promise you will make it again and again........ and again and again and again!

For today, you get (Drum roll please!)  PEANUT BUTTER CUP PIE!

1 1/4 cups Oreo Cookie Crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
Always an option, you could just buy the crust already made.
1 pkg brick cream cheese
1/2 cup, plus 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
3 squares Baker's semi sweet chocolate

Mix crumbs and butter, press into a 9 inch pie plate.
Blend cream cheese and 1/2 cup of peanut butter, until smooth.  Add milk and pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes.  Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip and spoon mixture into pie crust.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

 Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate (in a microwaveable dish), on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture blends well, stirring after each minute.  Cool completely.

Spread chocolate mixture over pie filling in crust.  Microwave remaining peanut butter for 30 seconds and drizzle over chocolate. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!

Until tomorrow, when you will once again see my shining face, or at least those of my children, enjoy your day, enjoy your family and happy baking!

No comments: