Tuesday, December 14, 2010

As Promised, The BEST RECIPE EVER!!!!!!!

So my mother in law gave me this recipe about 5 years ago, and I make it religiously at Christmas, ok and I had it for my birthday too.  This square type cake whips up in a 9x13 pan, but I would strongly recommend  making at least 2, 1 to share with visitors, and one for you. Is your curiosity peaked yet?  My friends here in town have heard tell of this recipe being made, but none have seen it.  For the first time ever, I am going to share it with all my friends and family.  Be prepared for the compliments to start rolling in!

(And the marching band is playing softly in the back ground, drums getting louder, fireworks ready to go)

Banana Split Cake:

  • First Layer:
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • Second Layer:
  • 2 stick softened butter
  • 2 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 2 egg whites
  • Third Layer:
  • 3-4 sliced bananas, dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning
  • 1 (20 oz) can WELL DRAINED crushed pineapple
  • Fourth Layer
  • Dream Whip, milk
  • sliced Marashino (Drained) cherries
  • Preheat oven to 325.
Layer 1, combine all ingredients, and press into 9x13 pan, bake 10-12 minutes.  LET COOL COMPLETELY!

Layer 2, combine all ingredients and mix for a FULL 15 MINUTES (if you don't you base layer will be soft and the cake will be gloopy).  Spread over COOLED crust

Layer 3, peel and slice bananas lengthwise.  After the bananas have been dipped in lemon juice, layer side by side over layer 2.  Drain crushed pineapple completely, spread in between bananas. Use the full can.

Layer 4, mix dream whip according to directions, fold in cherries gently, and spread on top of cake.  

Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours to set.

Enjoy, believe me, you will!  Please send me feedback after you have had a chance to try this and let me know what you thought of it.

So I am leaving you with this final post for the holiday season, I will periodically check in just to see how everyone is doing and update you with out happy holidays. 

Enjoy your day, enjoy your family and have a HAPPY AND FESTIVE HOLIDAY!!

See you all back here in January.

Merry Christmas


1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Sounds yummy!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!