Wednesday, December 8, 2010

They Like Me, They Really, Really Like Me!!!!!!

My kids think I'm cool.  I did not think that was a sentence that I would have to say until I was much, much older.  I had my children when I was relatively young, so at 30, I still consider myself to be hip and cool.  YaYa, not so much.  At 11, she already rolls her eyes at me for what I wear and say.  She has told me numerous times, I am a dork.  I don't take too much offense to it, cause she's 11.  So of course it shocked me when I was getting ready for yoga yesterday and she says "What's with your headband? (I used sport wrap in 2 different colors, only that will stay in my hair) I LOVE IT!!!! THAT'S SO COOL MOM, CAN YOU MAKE ME ONE JUST LIKE THAT?" And she was serious.  That was shocking. And amusing.  I know that's gonna change many times over the next 10 years, but it was nice to know for a second that she thought I was cool.

Secondly, thanks E for the gold.  As he was pouring his juice the other morning, I was told, he was spilling it all over and seriously said "Huh, this cup must have a hole in it". LOL!!!!! Only a 5 year old could assume that he did not make the mess and it was indeed the cups fault.

Until tomorrow, enjoy your life and listen to your family, you'd be surprised at what you hear.

No comments: