Monday, December 6, 2010

Hurry Up, Slow Down and Enjoy the......... Everything!

Good Morning!!!!!!  I am finally in a state where I have realized that I need to Slow Down and Enjoy the holiday.  I am holiday girl.  Whether it be Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc.  I love them all.  I love what they symbolize, I love the decorations and how people are generally in better spirits at that time.  It's Fabulous!!!

But it's also a time when people put a lot of pressure on themselves, myself included.  The need to have the perfect gifts, homes, decorations and baking, and a time limit.  Thats where today's Meditation Monday tip comes in.

STOP!!!! Whatever it is that you're doing and take 5 DEEP breaths.  Inhale through your nose and engage your tongue and throat, making your tongue soft against the back of your throat, to get the best of it, inhale as deep as you can, and exhale sloooooowly.  Take a second to look around you and see what's going on, see what your missing.  Enjoy the kids, the snow, the neighbors lights, or even the people, sights and sounds at your local mall.  Where ever you are and you need it, do it.  You don't want to miss out.

Until tomorrow, enjoy your day, enjoy your family and happy breathing!

No comments: