Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Infinite Wisdom From The Kitchen

This mornings recipe comes straight from the heart and my mind, as in I created it this morning.  My husband likes BIG breakfasts, my kids like BIG breakfasts, I do not.  So we compromise...... once a week we do a BIG breakfast.  I don't like eggs, or bacon, or sausages (I'm not a picky eater, I promise, and I will eat them sometimes), my downfall is hash-browns. I love them.  So this mornings compromise is as follows.

Robin's Big Breakfast Combo:
(Also could be used for Christmas morning breaky)

1 bag hashbrowns, your style
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks sliced
1 package ground pork, cooked
garlic and  onion powder and pepper to taste
5 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  In a 9x13 baking dish, combine first 7 ingredients and give a quick stir.  Put in oven and cook 35-40 minutes.
About 10 min before the timer goes, scramble your eggs.  Take the hash-brown mix out of the oven, top with scrambled eggs, and cheese.  Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Hope you get a chance to try this and let me know what you think.

Until Monday, enjoy your weekend, enjoy your family and happy crafting.

No comments: