Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SQEEEEEEEK!!!!

Chaos doesn't talk much, so it's hard to write anything about him, but the last couple days, he's been giving me gems.  For starters, I am sure no on believes that he can say anything other than no, but we have good conversations all day and his vocab is coming along.  Also, he has decided to go against my wishes and start potty training himself.  Normally, people aren't opposed to this, but he is my last baby, and he is just that, a baby, so it's a hard pill to swallow.  However, on the numerous occasions that I sit in the bathroom with him, waiting and waiting (he tries), he talks.  He tells me what his body is doing.  The other day, he farted and he told me "mamma, bum, SQEEEEEEEEEK" How can you not laugh at that, he was so serious and he scrunched up his eyes when he said it.  It was the funniest thing I have heard come out of his mouth.

Second story, short butt quick (did you see what I did there, I made a funny, cause it's another bum story.  I love babies) A friend of mine, hendrix wife, was camping with her daughter Gouie, when all of a sudden she came running up to her and said "Mommy, my bum hurts" and hendrix wife, looking confused, of course asked her why.  Her answer was simple.  "Because there's a hole in it"  Common sense right?  

From the mouths of babes...... An I get to write about it.  It really is a beautiful thing that I have the pleasure of keeping these memoirs for the future, like grad, or first girl/boyfriends, or weddings.  Cause it's gonna have to be brought up by then.  Sorry guys.

Just a quick copy from fellow blogger, trashybetty,blogspot.com, on a subject that means a whole lot to me.  Please take the time to read it and wear red with me on friday in support of suicide awareness.

About 90 Americans committed suicide today. Ninety will tomorrow. Six-hundred and thirty will next week. Someone did 15 minutes ago, and someone will 15 minutes from now. Individuals commit suicide because of mental illness, such as PTSD, depression, schizophrenia, postpartum depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorders, amongst many other mental illnesses, verbal abuse, domestic violence, bullying, cyber bulling, sexual harassment, rape, teen pregnancy, divorce, terminal disease diagnosis, racism, and poverty. Suicide is very real and very scary. Most of us know someone who committed or attempted suicide. It is important for us to remember all whose lives were taken or changed by suicide. Talk to people, listen to people, if someone tells you they are thinking about suicide don't blow it off. Learn the signs that someone may be going to commit suicide. I can't stress this enough. Suicide is a big deal... it is everywhere... Raise general suicide awareness. Wear red Friday, December 3rd, to raise suicide awareness. Copy this and paste this onto your profile, talk to your friends. Everyone is loved by someone. Let those you know know that you love them, you could be the difference in their lives. Be there for those who are struggling. If you are struggling, know you are not alone. Find someone to talk to who will be willing to listen. Three people have committed suicide in the time I started writing this to right now. -author unknown

Hope you all enjoy your day, listen to your kids, you never know what you'll hear.  Happy crafting and I will see you back here tomorrow for another tutorial (if I decide by then what I want to do, lol).


No comments: