Monday, November 15, 2010

5:30 am and a Question

I am seriously starting to wonder if 5:30 am is the only time I can align my chakra. I woke up this morning, to a VERY LOUD alarm clock (not realizing that I forgot to turn my phone down after a trip to the mall yesterday), and I got up with the hope that I could do some yoga, a quick workout, cut out a pattern or 2, and then get the day started for everyone else.  Normally I would have plenty of time to accomplish this, but having given myself a christmas sewing schedule, you know that this was not going to happen.

5:33, Supernan gets up, quietly, but no matter how quiet, chaos would inevitably hear him and get up also, and just from the sheer loudness of the house that early in the morning, YaYa had to get up too.

6:30, having fed everyone and lunches almost   prepared, I concede.

Yoga for everyone!

Not surprisingly, this is a favorite pastime for my children, and definitely the way I have managed to reduce injury drama in our household.  They are however missing the quiet part that I have come to enjoy.

So again, I concede, and throw on some music, not the serene sounds one would expect to hear from a yogic experience, but some good old fashioned rock and roll. Yes, rock and roll.  And you know what, they were quiet, sort of and we had a nice family yoga session. (minus the jungle gym that I became 5 min later)

Who knew that Guns and Roses was all it took to have a quiet experience.

Question of the week:

How do you feel about music during your yogic, meditation, or ohm experiences?
And what kind do you prefer?

No comments: