Monday, November 29, 2010

Gratitude and an Apology

Hi everyone out there in blogland.  It has been a whirlwind weekend for for me and I owe you all an apology, as I am sure that you were all waiting for a fabulous recipe for the weekend.  I do have a few legitimate excuses though.  Number 1, we have been having troubles with our internet losing service on and off, it was off on sat.  Number 2, Mad Chads Christmas party was on Sat night, and quite frankly, it took me 7 hours to preen myself in order to be ready.  Not that conceited, but I did have laundry to do and dishes and everything in between.

And we also had the pleasure of going to the 98th Grey Cup on Sunday night.  AWESOME!!!!! Unfortunately my team lost again, but it was well worth freezing my butt off to go.

On to the post of the day, for Meditation Monday.  I am going to take an exert right from the Yoga Journal Magazine.  I really enjoy reading the magazine and the emails that come through.  It has some very helpful hints and tips for yoga positions and meditation.  Please check it out and let me know what you think of the magazines website.  Until you have a chance to check it out, I hope you enjoy this exert.  As the holiday season is upon us this rings very true.


Cultivating gratitude is less an act of creating something that 
isn't there and more of a practice of realizing what is. It's about 
reminding yourself of the miracles embedded in every second
 of every day—from the largest blessings to the smallest 
moments. By practicing shifting your attention to what is real 
(and not clinging to an idea of what you think should happen),
 you become more appreciative of even the most mundane 
moments in life, and for the richness all around.

As for the recipe that I promised you, it's not one that will feed the family a whole meal, but I can guarantee that everyone in the family will enjoy it as will all of your holiday guests.
5 Minute Fudge

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup (160 ml) evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar
  • 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
  • 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) Epicure’s Dark Belgian Chocolate
  • 16 marshmallows
  • 1 tsp (5 ml) Epicure’s Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts

Instructions

1. Combine milk, sugar and salt in Epicure’s Eclipse® Coated Professional Frying Pan. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
2. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until evenly mixed. Pour into a well-buttered or foil-lined 8" or 9" (20 cm or 23 cm) square pan and smooth over top. Refrigerate until set, and cut into 12 squares.
I have added different flavoring as opposed to vanilla and it is fantastic with a different flavor.

Hope you all enjoy todays post.  Hope the fudge works well for you and that you get a chance to experiment with different flavors.  
Enjoy your day, enjoy your family and see you all here tomorrow, I will have a tutorial ready for you, as I am making toques and mitts for the giving tree at school.

No comments: