Wednesday, November 17, 2010

SHHHHHHH........ And Other Truths

Shhhhhh, thats what I hear from Chaos, when I try to sing to him.  I am really beginning to think I am not a good singer.  Far from professional I know, but this is getting ridiculous.  I know he is still a baby, but I do get a kick out of his constant shhhhh, and no. Not just no, though, he says it like he's mooing.  He can talk, although no on believes me, because no is all he says to other people. What's worse is that he has a healthy sign language vocabulary (?), and still he says noooooo.

I wonder sometimes though if I am failing my children somehow with their grasp of language(s).  In an english speaking household, with the occasional french word thrown in for good measure, especially when YaYa was a young child.  Im not so sure it sunk in though, when I heard her describe the Bonne Nuit Bed and Breakfast as the "Bonny Nut" and then couldn't figure out why she could not find it in the phone book.

I used to carry a notebook around with me and write down the weird science that came from YaYa's mouth, but then she got older and less funny truths came from her.  But I think I will start again and keep an ear open for all the little truths I hear.


Enjoy your kids, and  Stop, Listen.... You never know what you will hear.

No comments: