Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cherish Yesterday, Live for Today, Dream of Tomorrow

I'm gonna take it away from the kids today and begin my morning by telling you my favorite quote.  It's on everyone's walls, in everyone's minds and even inked onto some bodies.  But it remains the truth.  It is by far the words that have stuck with for years, through bad and good times, when I have cried or laughed.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, DREAM OF TOMORROW

I have heard people talk about, and had conversations about what they would do different, or if they could go back with the knowledge they have now.  It is a wonderful thought really, but not me.  I am sure that I have done some things in my life that I regret and probably will for the rest of my life.  But those are just things, and had I not done them, said them, etc, I would not be where I am at this very moment.  I would not have my 3 beautiful children (however bonkers they drive me on a regular basis), I would not be happily married, I would not have this wonderful blog, or have the time, and financial capability to be a stay at home mother and take care of my children and craft and sew.  Now there is the possibility that it can be looked at from the other end too, not by me, but maybe some people aren't happy where they are.  Regardless though, I have seen far too many family members and friends of family suffer from varying degrees of memory loss, and the though remains, I would not change my past and although somethings I would like to forget, I will do my best to cherish them, because it could all slip away to easily.

Live for today also rings true in this household.  We are not big planners.  My husband surprised me this past spring with an impromptu trip to B.C and Washington, less than a week before we left (it may seem like plenty of time, but not so much with 3 kids, one of whom was still nursing).  We definitely think about the future, ours and our children's, but we refuse to miss out on the glories that this day has to offer.  It can all be taken away from you far too soon.

Dream of tomorrow.  I'm not saying that living for today should stop your dreams, there should always be dreams and hopes, however crazy or realistic.  Taking away some semblance in your life to daydream about your future, that trip to Vegas, or traveling around the world, or whatever your dreams may be.  For me, always dreaming will keep me the spry 16 year old that I always want to be (not actually 16 people, I  just act like it, and enjoy the immaturity I have, especially with my kids and their friends).

While I had no intentions of fully breaking this down for you, it just kinda happened.  I just wanted to tell you my favorite quote, the one I think about when I get up in the morning and when I go to bed at night.

Enjoy your day, your kids and your life.

No comments: