Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Procrastination Part Deux

Ok, so I finally finished 1 blanket, and half finished another and half finished the car bag.  A little slow going today, as I am trying to finish before the really cold weather hits us and we actually have to leave the house.  Unfortunately I ran out of fleece for the car bag, so I do have to leave my hovel eventually.

But here's a start:

Blanket with attached pillow for the car.

Materials: 2 meters coordinating fleece, 13"x24" coordinating fleece, matching thread, polyfill (1 small bag will make at least 4 pillows)

Step 1: Try to get baby off the material, good luck with it.

Step 2: Sew right sides together leaving a 1/4"seam allowance. Also leave a 20" gap on the corner or side you plan to put the pillow on.

Step 3:
Sew a 1/2" top seam all the way around (except where the gap is)
Step 4:
Place right sides of the 13x24 fabric together, folded in half, and sew a 1/4" seam around, leaving the bottom end open for stuffing.

Step 5:
Stuff pillow with about 1/4 to 1/5th of the polyfill bag.  Push it as far back as you can sew you can sew the pillow into the blanket later.

Step 6:
Pin open side of pillow into open side of blanket, taking care to place it in straight and evenly on both sides. Sew across pillow and remaining open blanket seam with the 1/2"top seam.

Step 7:
Get husband to make funny faces while modeling the blanket, because the children are nowhere to be seen.  He's pretty handsome.


As for the other blanket, it will be finished this afternoon, I will post pics.  And the car bag will be finished tomorrow, I will post that on Thursday along with the tutorial.  And I will be sure to have something else ready for you too.

Thank you for bearing with me, and I promise to do better in the future.  Until tomorrow, I am still waiting for some christmas decoration upcycles.  Enjoy your day, enjoy your kids and happy crafting.

No comments: