Monday, November 8, 2010

I Don't Ohm

In the small town that I live in, I don't have the opportunity to take a daily yoga class.  I also am unable to drive to one, as it would take up half my day at least.  So alas, I am left to fend for the relaxation on my own.  I am currently in a small class, offered once a week, for 8 weeks.  It's something.  I have 3 children, trying at times, and taking care of a house and a husband and a family and ............ I am not complaining, I am merely stating what we all go through, eventually in our lives.  I am busy, I enjoy it, bit sometimes I need a break.

Enter the no ohm.  I feel ridiculous if the thought enters my mind.  I think of some yogi sitting in a diaper on a mountain top with birds flying around and nature sitting and watching.  I am not knocking those who do ohm, I just can't.  So I need to find different ways to relax my mind.  Everyone needs a break from reality sometime.

I do daily yoga (almost daily when time or children allow), and I craft.  I sew, I paper craft, I paint, I come up with household decor changing ideas.  That is my ohm.  I get into a zone and all thoughts of stress disappear, unless of course I have procrastinated for so long that I am behind on a project, lol, which can happen, a lot.  (I have crafters ADD, so I have a tendency to get distracted a bit)

I also run, when I get a chance.  Being out in nature, or on a treadmill, listening to my heart pound, feeling my breath.  I enjoy the long distance hall, and the feeling i get when the wind, or a/c, blows past my face.  And in that moment I am at peace, no thoughts of dirty diapers, dishes, laundry or anything that could put me down or stress me out.

I will try to come out with other ideas for relaxation, perhaps some yoga tips (I would like to teach eventually).  I would also like to have ideas from everyone else that I could post.

This weeks challenge:  Do you OHM? or share some ideas for how you relax.

See you all tomorrow for my first craft tutorial. (Don't get your hopes up that it's gonna be spectacular though, crafters ADD remember)

Relax and Enjoy your day!

mama cash

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the same OHM's as you Robin! But I don't come up with the super creative ideas like you. Keep up the great blog-it's entertaining and educational!