Friday, November 19, 2010

More Pics and a Request

First of all, before any pictures are posted I would like to take a moment to reflect on a blog I read yesterday, kimboscrafts.blogspot.com.  This particular entry hit me a little close to home, seeing as how both boys were born early and stayed in the hospital.  I am going to repost her entry, and I would like everyone to think about helping out here, like she said, if everyone donates $1.00, well thats not a lot from this blog, lol, but you can pass it on, and we can keep it up.  Lets see if we can not only give our neighbors a hand, but maybe a little lift and help to those parents who really need it right about now.


11.17.2010

Pay it Forward.

okay...let's talk.

seriously.

(I know-- I had to try hard not to mention the Helen hunt movie)

but I have a story.

My niece (one of a set) (she's a twin if you didn't catch my drift.) had a drowning accident (and let me stop you right there and tell you she is 100% doing great)but my sister got life flighted off the mountain (where they were camping) with my niece to Primary Children's Medical Center.  And when she got there....she had her purse. That's it. Now us moms usually have a great deal in our purses...but it's usually for our kids....so it didn't help her much. She was there for a day or two before her husband was able to drive and bring her some much needed things.

Now while she was in the PICU (Pediatric intensive care unit) she met other families going through similar stories....and one of the people was the family of Preslee Sullenger. (you can read about her story HERE) Now little Preslee wasn't so lucky as my niece. and I can't imagine what her parents went through! my prayers were and are still with them.

Preslee's birthday is coming up..(dec 17)..and her parents wanted to do something special....
They (with another family) came up with Pay if Forward...(and you can read about how it came to pass HERE)
They are gathering supplies to put in totes to give out to all the parents who find themselves in the middle of chaos with nothing but the clothes on their back. This will help them stay by their babies side. (Cause a trip to walmart is really what you want to be doing at a time like this!)

They originally started with 44 bags (there are 44 rooms) and quickly changed it to 200! and I know we can all help out!!!

They have a list of items that would be especially helpful to parents (like a toothbrush...that is a MUST!) or if you want to donate money, they have a paypal account set up (click HERE

 To get the details of what needs to be donated (and specifics....and where to send it..or if you just want to donate money click HERE)

I'm going to pull a martha, "THIS IS A GOOD THING!"

and if anyone is in the pocatello area and wants to drop it off at my house, email me at kimbowest21@gmail.com. My sister is going up to help assemble them so I can be the pass between!

last count:


Trail Mix - 224 (112 Bags)
Goldfish - FILLED
Fruit Leather - 302 (50 Bags)
Camera - 23
Socks - 73 (36 Bags)
Playing Cards - 102
Ponytails - 154 (77 Bags)
Lotion - 57
Pens - 55 (18 Bags)
Journals - 14
Granola Bar Boxes - 91
Chapstick - 121
Eye Drops - 7
Toothbrushes - 400 FILLED
Toothpaste - 400 FILLED
Gum/ Mints - 400 FILLED
Blankets - 55

Entire Basket - 17 already donated.

They want to have all the supplies by dec 10 so they can assemble them ...and take it all up there on Preslee's birthday (the 17th)

Okay...look over at my followers count....if everyone donated $1....that's a load of cash! We can do some good people!

and this is where I go into remembering the "reason for the Season" and "it's better to give than to receive" and all that jazz....isn't it nice to help out? are you getting a warm fuzzy? I am.

GO....DO!


Now onto my pics:















They sure are cute aren't they?

No comments: