Monday, November 22, 2010

My Christmas Miracle and A New Way to Ohm

First of all, I'm gonna start my Monday, I'm sure jinxing myself, but it needs to be said.  Yesterday was family day.  Yesterday was also 3T's baby's birthday.  Little dude turned 2.  Now here is where it gets complicated.  I'm sure all of you mothers, at one point or another, have had your children "show off".  Not just singing and dancing, but put on their best show...... because you won't chastise  them in public (or so they think).  My 3 do just that, on a regular basis.  That being said, it's usually worse around certain people, not their fault, my kids just think that they need to be the center of EVERYONE'S universe.  (They are of mine, of course)  Yesterday though, something magical happened.  Some sort of Christmas miracle.  My kids........... listened (knock on wood that they can do it again in the future).  I don't just mean that they listened, but they played nicely with all the other children, they did not stand at the snack tables blocking everyones entry like a goalie up against Sid the Kid, they used their manners (even Chaos, who refuses to talk to anyone but me and Mad Chad), they did not rip into the presents or the cake, and absolutely nothing embarrassing came from their glorious little mouths.  Like I said, a Christmas miracle.  Thank you.

I would like to give you some infinite wisdom for Meditation Monday, but I really am still in shock from yesterday, lol.  So you get just plain ol' meditation ranting.
I really think that I have found my calling, my ohm so to speak.  For those of you who read my blog, if  you think waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy back to the first Meditation Monday, you will recall that I don't ohm.  Really I don't.  But I found my actual ohm zone.  Yogalates!  I am not some sort of crazed fitness junkie, or someone who is going to tell you 100 different ways to stay in shape, or live longer or lose weight (although this is fantastic for toning, lol).  But in my recent Yogafit class, a toned down version of yogalates, it came to me.  This is what I want to do, when I am happy, I want to go into a warrior pose and do the yoga version of 100's from there.  When I am angry, I want to go in a warrior pose, and do the yoga version of 100's from there.  And I want to do it all while listening to some classic '90's music.  I'm talkin Blue Rodeo, Michael Bolton, Roxette, Take That (Robbie Williams, oh yeah) and of course Jon Bon.  I really am being serious .  I found peace in that class and I did not want to leave.  So I guess my next step is loading up the ol IPod and givin' er.

I'm gonna give this question of the week thing 1 more try, maybe someone will answer me this week, or not.  But here goes anyways:

How do you find your peace? Not just to cool down, but in life.

Until tomorrow (be prepared for a challenge), ohm your way to happiness, however that may be. And enjoy your day.

No comments: