Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Late Entry and and Apron

Hi all, sorry for late post, I really do try to have my entries in earlier, unfortunately this morning, I was thrown for a huge loop.  As I have said before, I try to get up earlier than my kids because that is the only me time I have.  This morning, they all decided to get up with me, again.  So as I was trying to prepare this mornings post, i was also feeding, dressing, cooking, and getting kids out the door. Plus I received and invitation for a celebration of a friends life.  Colin Choi, We Miss You! You were taken from us far too soon.

On to the post

My apron from a decorative pillow case, found at goodwill, for $.99. And it's reversible.

Step 1, cut pillowcase to fit, and then make a pencil case from the zipper part.



Step 2:
Fold quilting bias tape around edges, and pin, leaving length for your straps. Cut length of bias tape to go around your neck as well.  I would provide actual measurements, but you will want to cut to fit you or the person you are making this apron for.

Step 3:
Sew around the edges.
Step 4:
To finish the strap edges, fold over and sew a quick seam through.
Step 5:
Attach neck strap, and sew.  (I don't have a pic, because I actually did this step when I was sewing around the edges. Sorry)

Step 6:
Model for pics.


Enjoy your apron, I know I will and now I can bake clothing safe.

No comments: